« Home | N.Q.P.P.... » | Arrival. » | Crossing the Virtual Atlantic... » | Home sweet home.... » | Up North. » | ....And we're off. » | Back in the saddle. » | "Hey, lil buddy...." » | Book Review: Ask the Pilot » | Here comes a big purple weekend. »

Mountain Flyin'

I've just crossed the Pennine Alps around the valley of the Rhone River to Lake Geneva. The view is amazing. Had to climb from my altitude of FL210 th 230, to clear the peaks. Awesome. Luckily, its VFR, as you will see. i took some pics below...

I've never taken the Connie this high before. It seems I cant find a comfortable setting at FL230 and up to make her move like she can. It's just plain slower at 230. 210 is perfect. You start cutting contrails and covering some serious ground in fast cruise configuration. So, I've headed back down to FL210 to pick the pace back up. 2 hours or so to Rome.









Online Degrees